6: 30 interesting facts about myself
1. I get embarrassed super easily by stuff on tv and if something makes me feel that way- I either fast forward or leave the room for a minute, do something productive, and come back.
2. I was homeschooled for 2nd-the first half of 8th grade, Pre-k through 1st grade, and 8th grade I went to little private church schools and then high school- my parents put me into public high school… it was definitely a huge transition!
3. Due to my experiences in high school and many other reasons- we are going to homeschool our children!
4. I started school when I was 3! I was a year younger than all the other kids but that is when I started…
5. Growing up- my parents had us attending numerous different churches: Baptist, Pentacostal, and Seventh Day Adventist.
6. I’m 22 and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.
7. I’ve got 2 birth defects and knew nothing about them until I was married! The first one is the very minor form of what Kasey has- she was born with the open lesion and I just have a small hole in my spine that I didn’t even know was there until we started seeing a chiropractor and he did x-rays. The second one is some kind of congenital kidney defect that I don’t know much about yet but hopefully will soon!
8. I prefer cold coffee to warm coffee. Cold coffee makes me happy<3 Interestingly enough- I used to hate cold coffee.
9. My favorite donuts are cruellers!
10. All the really close friends I have I’ve had since high school. Almost all my close friends have known me for about 10 years. I might not talk to them every day but I love them and miss them so much!
11. <em>I love cats</em>! Unfortunately, my hubby and potentially my youngest are allergic.
12. I’ve realized recently how much I’ve changed in a short amount of time… (so much so that I think there is going to be an entire blog post on it!)
13. I love music. I miss playing bells, singing in choir and sometimes miss playing the piano. I don’t play enough anymore!
14. I have never broken a bone.
15. I have had 4 surgeries so far in my life- 2 csections, my tonsils and adnoids taken out, a stent procedure (which they consider a surgery for some reason- I guess cause they put you under) and soon (within this week) I will have my 5th one and 6 weeks after that- my 6th surgery.
16. I love a lot of books but lately I’ve traded most of mine in to get the girls books- however, I will NEVER give up my hardback twilight books! I’m not as much of a twilight fan as some but the books suck me in every time!
17. Today is the first day I’ve “dressed to shoes” in weeks. I’ve been slacking!
18. Yesterday, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans. I resisted them for a long time but finally tried on a pair.
19. I am married to a nerd<3 A wonderful, Domo-loving, web developer nerd! He is amazing<3 I big-pink-sparkly-heart him!
20. My hubby and I actually met online. I never thought I would meet a man like that but we started talking and a month later we were dating and exactly 2 months after we started dating- we were married.
21. This may not be very surprising or interesting but I love my girls so much. I love having daughters although someday I would love a cute little baby boy as well!
22. I have two brothers and I haven’t spoken to either of them in years. I hate that its this way but sometimes you have to cut the negative influences/people from your life for awhile.
23. I cannot wait for Kasey to learn to read!!!!
24. Writing makes me happy. I used to think I was fairly good at it but recently my brain has turned to mush. I blame the almost- 6 month old!
25. This year I’m going to plant my first garden! I’m excited!
26. I normally hate yellow but I am considering painting our kitchen yellow. I also wanted to order the butter cream yellow kitchenaid mixer but it was more expensive than getting a black one when I went to order it- so black I got!
27. I love high heels. I never wear them anymore but I L-O-V-E them!
28. I feel old fashioned because I made the decision to no longer buy shorts for my girls- I will let them wear bermuda type shorts but none of the super short shorts that are sold a lot in stores now!
29. On a related note to #28- I’ve decided to buy Kasey all dresses and skirts this summer so she can wear them with leggings.. so much easier than finding her jeans that fit and don’t rub her in the wrong way in her wheelchair!
30. I am awful at math and science!